Sunday, March 30, 2008

This Week In Paradise....


First let me start with two of my very dear friends Judy and John....they have been together since high school and I'm sure have shared many sodas together...I thought it was time we got a picture of this great couple...this is what love is all about...best Friends first...last...and always...they are from Maine and some of the nicest people you will ever meet....there are a lot of them here in Englewood that's one of the reasons it makes being here a little slice of paradise...


We had our spring art fair on Dearborn Drive all weekend and several thousand people showed up to see all the creative works that the talented people in this part of the country put on display....













My friend Jim is an outstanding wildlife sculptor and turns his art into the most beautiful bronzes you will ever see...He is also a good Texas Hold'em player and hard to beat...



Went golfing this week with my friends Bob and Kathy...we all had a great time and some even had great rounds...unfortunately I wasn't one of them...Made several new friends two of them on my foursome were Wayne and Tim....the course was in Sarasota and...as you can see...was gorgeous...down here you never can predict what you will see out on the course...with all the birds and water it's always a treat to just be out there...how could you not have a great time?......



I took another good friend...Jack Lee... out kayak fishing on the bay yesterday and the result was a top of the slot red that weighed in at seven pounds and a twenty inch trout...those were just the ones we kept...a great day on lemon bay...

















Well That's All For Now...

Live,Love,Laugh,Fish

Semper Fi

Monk

No comments: