Saturday, December 1, 2007

Having A Great Time...Wish You Were Here...

Englewood is hopping today...the bi-annual art fest is on full swing and we've got plenty of sun and warmth to enjoy all the displays of some very talented people....The owner of the dog in the picture didn't want his "baby" to catch cold on the cool marble of the outdoor furniture...it your going to have a dog's life this is the guy you want to be with....









I do go fishing almost every day I haven't talked about it much but I have been fishing on the local pier here and have met some great people...more photos to come of friends and fish and a few stories to tell...of course fishermen never lie..so the stories will be very accurate....One story that is the honest truth is the fact that the dolphin down here are very friendly and in the bay they often come right up to the side of a boat looking for a hand out....it is illegal to feed them but lots of people still feel the need to throw them a fish now and again and that keeps them coming back for more....The other day I lost several fish and a couple of complete rigs because the dolphin like to grab the tail of a hooked fish and run off with it and your line...it's like fighting a submarine at full throttle and the best you can hope for is that the dolphin lets go before your line snaps...most times they don't and you lose a hook and leader...thankfully it's not often that they get much line because the knot at the leader will break first...I know they don't eat the fish when that happens because the hook is still in the fish's mouth...they are smart enough to know that and spit it out...they are amazing animals and I can't get to mad at them they are just being themselves...


I read that a pod of dolphins on the west coast saved a man's life a couple of weeks ago after he was bitten by sharks while surfing...they surrounded him and kept the shark at bay til his partner could get him to shore....Hey...I'll let them steal a fish or two...I might need their help someday...I hope they remember me...I think the ones at the pier do...they know my hat and follow me up and down the pier as I move from one spot to another....I swear that's what happens...I've talked to several of them over the railing as they lifted their heads out of the water to hear me and beg for fish.....of course they haven't talked back yet...not even the squeals you hear on some of those shows you see on animal planet...but I know they hear me and I know they know that hat.....

Kyle went to Mount Rushmore over the holiday and even though the picture is a little off...I think he would make a great looking President...look at that mug perfectly framed and proportioned to the famous men beside him....and he's the only one smiling....







At breakfast the other morning an Egret decided that my car..out of all the other ones in the parking lot was the best place for a lookout...my car wasn't even the tallest....maybe he just likes Mustangs....


Well that's all for now...Buy the Books....You will like them...I promise...money back guarantee.....add an opinion to this blog and let me know what you think...or go online at Amazon or Barnes and Noble and give a review...it's safe and would really help....


Have a great day...

Semper Fi

Monk




No comments: