Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy Holi-daze...

No typo..this is the season that most of us go through in a Daze...As for myself it has always been a mixed bag of emotions...I won't go into detail.. but unlike most of you...I can't wait for January 2nd...then I know it's officially over....As you can see I spent my Christmas Day where I am most at peace and that was fine by me...I know the good lord understands...My friend (Pete) sitting on the rail was rewarded for his company with a fish dinner provided by yours truly...I do miss my family but I don't miss the rush and fever that grabs everybody and turns the season inside out...my opinion only....I do wish each and every one of you all the best for the new year.....

Travis has got the spirit..he decked out his office and gave his troops a little office party...I had sent him some little things to open on Christmas day and he shared his goodies with the troops...I know he sorely misses his family and we miss him but soon he will be back with his wife and child and all will be right in his and my world....





Travis got a chance to do a training exercise with some officers....this will probably be the only time he gets to order Half and Full "Birds" around...It looks like he's enjoying himself....I hope he doesn't live to regret it.....

He also got a chance to go to Dubai again...he was one of 50 people on the whole base chosen to go to the horse races...They were treated to a once in a lifetime experience and a fantastic dinner...That plate looks spectacular..I do hope that isn't one of the losers..even if it was, I hear it's not bad at all..................Those sheiks really know how to build something right..horse tracks..ski lodges and Golf courses in the desert (see previous blog)...hotels that look like sailing ships (ditto on blog)...and even a mall with a Chinese motif...sailing craft and all...it's amazing what almost $100 per barrel oil will buy...




Here's a group shot of his section...I'm glad he got the right hat...he's easy to pick out that way...looks like a great bunch of people...I think most of them will come back in early March together...that will be a real Holiday for us all.........

Till Next Time...

Semper Fi

Monk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Monk!
Love your blog....
You have lots to be happy about. Great family, and friends. Your pictures are truely beautiful... Joy, peace and love be your forever...Patty