Monday, April 2, 2007

Hot Off The Press...



Time for some of those pictures I promised a few days ago....First...I mentioned that I didn't have any pictures of Mom and baby Dakota so here is a shot of the two newest girls in my life...



Next a couple of shots of Kyle working hard at his new job with Galen...and the Taki Tiki...Don't get me wrong..they do actually do some work..but c'mon this is the kind of job every beach bum at heart has in mind when they think of the perfect job in paradise...."Kayak Guy" or "Cafe Waiter" not to mention that soon he will be a bartender on week-ends and hopefully meet some people his own age....

That's Harry in the background....we thought he was soon to be a goner when he showed up the other day looking for his daily hand-out (baloney or hot dogs) there just is no accounting for some bird's taste....he looked like he had a broken leg and we were all worried that he might die if the baloney ever ran out....but in a few days he was walking normal and our fears were relieved...Doesn't the cafe look very "Key West" its the look Lisa was after and our resident artist Sue has done a great job in presenting the artwork for sale that complements the look....

Speaking of hot off the press....my books arrived this week for the signing in two weeks...I still can't believe I'm going to have a "Meet the Author" signing.....Hell I still can't believe I wrote the book....even though its just a local thing with my friends its still very exciting....and I don't want my friends to think I'm some arrogant ass who thinks he's hot shit....after all its not the great American novel....just a few short war stories.....I'm trying to keep everything in context and just have fun with the whole book writing experience.....

Andy is coming in for ten days and I have to pick him up in Tampa tomorrow...(pictures of many fish caught, next week) I'm not looking forward to the trip...I-75 is a potential death trap at any time but now a lot of the "Snow Birds" are heading back North and that means old people driving 55 in a 75 MPH zone....not to mention that most of them will be in the passing lane with their right turn signal on for miles while everyone else is trying to dodge them and figure out what their next move will be....

Monk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Pops,
You always write something in your blogs that gives me a good laugh....that thing about the old people was great, keep it up! Kyle looks like he is doing well, that's excellent. The cafe looks very nice, I myself wouldn't mind spending my days there, that is for sure. My girls are beautiful aren't they? Anyway we're going to get back to packing up the apartment, we love you.

Big T