Thursday, April 12, 2007

Andys Visit...The Book Signing...The Good-The Bad-The Ugly

At 4 A.M. the other day I was up to take Andy back to Tampa Airport..Just a small note here...If anyone wants to come visit me please fly in and out of Sarasota airport....its only 20 miles from me and so much easier to get in and out of...Tampa is 80 miles north on "Death Alley" (I-75) and is a real pain in the ass to drive...

On Monday of last week the boy's friend,Pete came down for a visit making a total of three boys staying at my friend Lisa's house and adding to the total chaos that only three boys 20 and under can cause...when these guys get together its like mixing volatile chemicals together and hoping nothing bad happens...not to say that they do bad things...they just have a ball joking around and busting each others chops....they truely are good friends and at that age they are full of "piss and vinegar" as my dad used to say....add the fact that with my son Kyle adding a dog to the mix...making a total of four...(Lisa has three)... it literally becomes a zoo...Ike her oldest is pictured here..he's 13 and can't hear or see much but he is lovable and... due to a jaw problem...that tongue stays out 24/7....between episodes of south park playing 24/7 on the big projection TV and massive farting contests.... there's always the wrestling matches for male dominance.... God Bless Lisa...I couldn't do it...















I'm sorry to say there are no fish pictures of Andy with his prize catch...I did take him out and we did have some nice fish on...one nice Bull Redfish and a nice sized Seatrout...I forgot to test the drags on our reels and we each lost our fish as a loud snap of line under to much pressure yielded to the final lunge of big fish...we both got to see our almost trophies...but that's all we got...one last look as they left us behind to make up stories about how big the ones that got away really were....mine was at least four pounds maybe five....yeh....I think it was closer to five....

Well I had my big book signing on Saturday night and it was a huge success...at least as far as I was concerned...I sold 28 books and the store is going to carry and sell my book....I tried not to be some ass that thinks that what he has to say is important for others to hear...I've seen the kind and that's not what I'm all about...I just want people to enjoy the stories and get to know a little about what Vietnam...at least for me....was all about....






Kelsey went on a seven day cruise and promised to send me pictures of her trip...I'm still waiting....and hopefully my next post will be about her trip...and all the places we'd like to be instead of where were at....


Semper Fi...til next time...


Monk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad,
I wish I could've been down there with all of you guys for that week, I would've had a ball. Shannon, Dakota and I will see all of you in June though, so it's ok. I'm glad that Andy got to come down and spend some quality time with his Pops, that's great. I look at that picture of you at your signing; your colage, all your books sitting their, minus the 28 of course, and the look of accomplishment on your face, you seem nothing but absolutely content and I could not be happier for you. I am extremely proud of you, I know I have said that before, but at this apex, take the excitment and overwheliming sense of pride and jump right on the start of yet another book...ride the wave "per say". Can't wait to receive my copy and commence the reading.

Love,
Trav, Shan and Dakota