Thursday, October 7, 2010

A September to Remember....

This month's slideshow is a little bit of this and that...

Had some visitors to my door...I think they were storks...they were begging for handouts but since my drainage ditches were full of nice juicy new frogs and tadpoles...they didn't need a hot dog handout...they staked out the house and chowed down till they needed a nap...

Had a busy month...did some golfing with friends and fishing with my friend Rodger...

My friend Jimmy got to sing at the coffee shop...so many talented people here...

It finally happened...I inherited my son Kyle's parrot...his name is Riley as in "Life Of"... I knew I'd be getting him when Kyle's new dog tried to have him for an appetiser...it's a lot more peaceful here...I think he appreciates it...he's young only 6 months old...we are getting used to each other but for a while I thought that by Thanksgiving I'd be having him with bread stuffing...it was the only way I could see enjoying him...he wouldn't let me near him without threatening physical harm to my digits...he's coming around now...so I guess he'll be an invited guest instead...

Went to the Keys with Jenny and Jay for a long weekend and had a great time...we stayed at a condo complex that had it's own saltwater lagoon for swimming and snorkeling...lots of fish and it saved the trip because the weather was a little unpredictable...we did manage to get out on the reef one day but I had forgotten my camera...the water was crystal clear and the colors and fish were so beautiful that I wish everyone could get to experience it just once...it was perfection and a memory that I will cherish....but no camera...so you'll just have to think of the best underwater reef shots you have seen on Discovery or National Geographic and that's what I experienced first hand...WOW....did get some shots of the fish in the lagoon so all is not lost...the one in the slide show is one of several Parrot Fish that we fed crackers to...we ate at a restaurant with a glass bottom bar...the underwater lights attracted lots of fish and it really was a treat...

When we got back we decided to have beef ribs and nobody cooks them better than Jen's brother Jay...the secret...Burn'em baby Burn'em til they scream..til the neighbors call 911...when
the fat is burnt off slather them in barbecue sauce....uuuuummmmmm.......


Of course we played a little golf and had our monthly car show...it just keeps getting better...The kids in the slideshow...Alex and Hanna... were visiting Jenny and I couldn't resist a couple of shots...of course no blog is complete without some of my Grandbabies...Dakota and Callie are making their very own play dough..still the cutest ever...

I threw in a nice canvas that I did of the Royal Palm Marina at Sunset...this new direction with the art is a nice change of pace...

Enjoy the slide show....

Well That's All For Now...

Live, Love, Laugh and Dance...

Semper Fi

Monk


1 comment:

Commander Zaius said...

Awesome blog, just surfing around and killing time. Best wishes from a retired grunt.