Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Summertime and the Living Was Easy....






Well it's officially over....what a great summer...very little rain, lots of sunshine and I accomplished my goal of getting book two finished...it looks like it was a pleasant summer for Teddy as well....not as thin as he was back in the day....probably can't swim any better either...His new book will be out soon...."No Question About It...I did It" ....those voters in Mass. sure are loyal....it just goes to show that money with power can buy anything....enough of the political commentary....real life is much more interesting than the fabricated one some people live....



Had a family picnic over the holiday week-end but I haven't downloaded the pics yet so I'll just catch up on some stuff...



Went on a "Love Boat Cruise" with Suzy last week....well it was billed as a "Jimmy Buffett Sunset Cruise" down a few miles of the barge canal...but it was fun and entertaining...the singing was provided by a Jimmy Buffett non-look alike...but he was very good....he even sneaked in a few non-Buffett songs on request....got a few good shots in and around Pittsford, NY...

















Speaking of money buying anything....Here is a very nice "hole in the water to pour money into"...as they say is the definition of a boat.....












As promised I finally got a shot of Jim and Ruth Chapmen...the nice couple I met at breakfast at the airport several weeks ago...they were enjoying another beautiful day with their family...We got to see some different planes land for a bite to eat and thoroughly enjoyed every minute.....








As I mentioned in my previous posting I visited Travis before he went to the desert and we had a great week...Got to spend lots of time with Dakota and got to see Edwards Air Force Base...My daughter in-law.. Shannon..cooked some great meals...As I have mentioned..Travis is a combat arms instructor and a damned good one at that....I got to sit in on one of his classes and even got to fire the M-9 pistol and an M-16....we had the M-14 in Vietnam and it I had a choice it still would be the M-14 it was a great rifle and saved my life more than once....
Well time to go....til next time....to my friends, family, and fans....God Bless...and say a prayer for everyone serving in the armed forces today...they defend your freedom and the right to be free for everyone......
Semper Fi
Monk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad (Grandpa),
Great post.....Travis is not able to log onto your site so I will copy everything and email it to him, he always looks forward to your posts and I'm sure he will ask me to leave a comment just from him after I tell him what the new blog is all about. We enjoyed your company while you were here and good news.....the family has convinced me to come home even earlier than I would have liked to so hopefully you are still in town, We will get into Rochester on October 9th.....only a month and a half earlier than I would have liked but it will make the time go by faster. Hope you are still there so you can get some quality time in with Dakota. I'm sure she misses her Grandpa! Keep the blogs coming and I will try and get them relayed to Trav. Love ya!
Shannon