Monday, September 24, 2007

If Wishes Were Fishes....

If wishes were fishes I would have wished for Travis and family to be with me at the picnic my ex-brother-in-law (I guess he's now an outlaw) had over the weekend....he has a little place on the barge canal that is a perfect bachelor pad/party central....it's at a place on the canal that widens out and you would think that your on one of the finger lakes with the views that you get from his front window and the dock....as you can see the bartender was a little short but he made up for it in his friendly attitude and his willingness to listen to all your problems....thankfully he didn't have to throw anyone out....I hear he's one tough dude....we all had a great time and being the gentleman that I am I took a picture of someone else's fish instead of mine...of course mine was bigger but I don't want to brag....the dog.. a young lab named Sally was a riot she learned to swim on the spot...when my sister first threw in the stick and said.."fetch" the damn dog almost drowned...she went in over her head and realized that she'd better do something quick or she would be fish bait...she splashed and sputtered but in about ten minutes she was fetching like a pro....I don't think I've ever seen a lab that didn't know how to swim...I hope I don't see one again...it wasn't a pretty picture watching her damn near drown...it was funny as hell... it just wasn't a pretty picture...


Yep...I wish Trav could have been with us...he sent me some pictures of what he's doing over in the desert....training the troops just like he was back in California....man I can't get over how good he looks..although he better be using more suntan lotion...he looks like a ripe tomato...boy I wish I was twenty something again...Hell I'd be happy with 40 something again...the only shade he gets over there is when he puts his hand over his eyes....and it's about 110 degrees most of the time....I see that he did find the place where they hide the beer...Well he deserves a cold one now and then...well maybe the best he's going to get is just below the boiling point....hey...beers, beer...He says he thinks he might have some allergies...I guess there is a lot of mold growing in places like the air conditioning in the barracks...and he is being treated for congestion because of it...maybe the beer will help...

He sure looks like he's in charge in some of these shots...I still think the Air Force should use him as a poster boy...look at that handsome face and those rippling muscles...and that look of authority...even if they don't make him a poster boy...I'm still very, very proud of him and all the young men and women who serve without complaint and do their best to give back to this country something in return for living in the greatest nation on earth....






Til Next Time

Semper Fi

Monk

No comments: