Monday, August 27, 2007

"A Passion for Cookies and a Crew Full of Rookies"




I hope Jimmy Buffett doesn't mind me borrowing his lyrics...but I couldn't help thinking about those words after saying good-bye to my son Travis in California....He left today for the desert and will be gone for six months..I got to spend a week with him and family and I'm very glad I did...We all hope to keep in touch...he has a phone card with 3000 minutes and his laptop....I hope one or the other can be used where he's going....As I have said before...he is an expert Combat Arms Instructor and will be doing that job over there....I'm hoping he will be out of harms way....The picture that his wife took a few months back is so poignant that I thought I'd show it again...to remind everyone not personally involved in this conflict....that there are brave and honorable men and women looking out for their freedom... and for freedom and the right to be free for others around the world...When they pass through that door.. sometimes for the last time.. on their journey to defend freedom...leaving family and loved ones behind..it is one of the saddest and proudest moments of a parents life...God Bless and Godspeed my son....
I'll be doing another post in a day or so...with more summer fun.....and book updates
Til Next Time..
Semper Fi
Monk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad,

Thanks for the post, I am also very glad that I got to spend all that quality time with you, it was great and thank you for everything you did for us while you were visiting. I'm writing you from the GREAT Norfolk Naval Air Station, it's a pretty nice place. It's very COLONIAL, brick buildings and the whole nine it's quite beautiful. Tonight I will be on my way to my deployed location, and I am sure not looking forward to that flight. But I am looking forward to meeting some new people and seeing some new places. I am going to do my family and my country proud and do the best job that I can possibly do while I am there....110% always! Once I arrive I will make sure I give you my assigned military email and you can forward it to everyone. Do me a favor and call Shannon and Dakota a couple of times a week to keep their morale up, ok? I will call you as soon as I can. I love you dad, wish me LUCK.

Love,

SSGT Beyea (Trav) LOL!