Saturday, December 19, 2009

Road Trip....& More

This month has been pretty hectic..at least for me anyway....and it's not even Christmas yet..Went to my son and his family in California at Edwards Air Force Base...got some great shots of the grand kids and had a great week just hanging around...they have some crows out there that could carry off a small child ...took a couple of shots of them on the neighbors roof...one crow would be plenty for a dinner for two...baby Callie had her first birthday at Chucky Cheeses...its been so long that I almost forgot how so many high pitched screams can rip your nerves to shreds in just seconds....but I still had a great time..

We played some golf and went bowling...had a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner courtesy of Shannon's great cooking ...she went all out as usual and everything was superb...

You'll see in this months slide show some of that trip and then the following week in New York visiting Ryan, Andy, Kelsey and Kevin and his family...notice Kevin in his very strange but warm hat...I'm so glad that I don't need to keep my head that warm or that funny looking just to be outdoors...lol....

Of course you'll also see some of the great fishing I've been doing down here ...to bad snook are out of season now ...I have caught some beauties...the one in the slide is 30 inches and right in the middle of the very narrow slot of 28-32 inches that you are allowed to keep, in season, of course season doesn't start back up til January first....but what a fight..I just happened to be casting on the dock behind the house when he hit...his first run nearly stripped all the line off the reel...I was lucky to be able to turn him in time and start to retrieve my line....it took another three reel screaming runs and five more minutes to bring him in....I thanked him and sent him on his way...hopefully in January he or one or two of his close friends can join me for dinner....

Got a shot of the local jewelry store all decked out at night in the spirit of Christmas..and some nice sunset shots...threw in the frog shot because it looks like he's smiling at me..he held still for several nice close ups...and then made about a six foot jump just to show off....the bird shots are just a few of the great shots I've been getting of them..I've framed some and they actually look good enough to sell..

Went to my friend Ronnie's annual Christmas party when I got back...brought my now almost famous...crab and shrimp dip...and sampled some very good appetizers and deserts that all the others had contributed...thanks Ronnie ...and it was great to see all my old friends... and meet some new ones...once again.

Enjoy the slide show...remember to run your mouse over the top to bring up the controls and you can always look at the whole thing by clicking in the lower corners...You can save any pic to your computer by clicking on it and then right clicking on it when the Picasa site brings it up ...click "save picture as" and you've got it for all time...have fun.

That's All For Now....

Live, Love, Laugh ..and Dance

Semper Fi

Monk

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Monk,
I greatly enjoyed your memoirs - Helen forwarded them to me.
It was great to see the "new you"
at Ronnie's party. You have inspired me, I am going on Atkins New Year's Day.
which reminds me, Helen and I have a problem New Years Eve. There are several people coming into town here and expect Helen and me to be with them New Year's Eve. I would like to invite you and your lady to come up here in the afternoon of Dec. 31 and spend the night at my house. We can join the group and celebrate New Year's Eve here. I know you would enjoy the fellowship.
I am sorry about not being able to go to Dearborn Street as we planned, but these people are from my home town and will only be here a few days. I do hope you understand and will permit Helen and me to take a rain check.
Have a Merry Christmas and will look forward to seeing you soon.
Virgil
vsweet@tampabay.rr.com