Saturday, May 3, 2008

Parting Shots From Paradise......

First...before we talk about leaving paradise for the season...some shots of my son's trip in California over the weekend...He and family went on a road trip with the motorcycle club from Edwards Air Force Base...They had a great weekend and got to spend some quality time with friends and even an Air Force general and his wife...

Are these not the cutest kids....of course there is T.W.C.G. and then there was this shot of one of my son's, friend's daughter...it reminds me of those paintings you see of the beautiful big doe-eyed children that were popular several years ago.....what a great shot...
...and if Travis ever decides that he wants to look like this guy then it will be time to have a serious talk.....
The trip took them to a big motorcycle meet and of course all the toys were on display....Travis got to meet a famous bike designer who said that as soon as Travis got his Harley he would deck it out in all the latest accoutrement's....and I'm sure he will...for the right price...
I sure hope the fire seen here was not started by any of the visitors....in any case they got out of town by sunset..and a beautiful one it was....
Helen mentioned that she had never been to Matlacha which is a small community just before arriving at Pine Island...it's pronounced "Mat-la-shay" and sits on either side of the road on the causeway leading to the island...so I decided that we should visit and spend the day...
It's a combination of art galleries, souvenir shops, and restaurants and is extremely eclectic...to say the least...
All the shops are painted in the bright pastels of old time Key West and are a part of what everyone says used to be "Old Florida"....
We hit them all and then had a great late lunch...It's well worth a trip ...if you ever come down my way ask me to take you to Mat-La-Shay...Just don't ask me at Siesta time....
My friends Patty and Van are on a mission..literally "on a mission"..they are doing their part as Christians to bring the natives in a small town in Belize "The Word"...they sent this pic of a birthday party they were invited to of one of their new friends...along with a note on how wonderful the people have been to them and how excepting they are of Patty and Van's efforts....
Last but not least...some great parting shots of some of my friends at the coffee shop on Dearborn Street...I will miss them all and I've been told I will be missed as well...that makes me feel very special and I want to say thank you to you all for a great winter season have a great summer and I'll see you all again in the fall....


Well That's All For Now...

Til Next Time...(from beautiful Canandaigua Lake)

Semper Fi...

Monk

No comments: