Friday, April 25, 2008

Red Hot Music, Red Hat Ladies, Red Hot Art & Red Sunsets.....

Went to see "The Yard Dogs" at the White Elephant restaurant and bar with my friends Ronnie, Richard, Debbie and Helen...what a fantastic group...three guys that play primarily Banjo, Accordion and..what can only be described as a "Suitcase" (see pic)....mix in a little guitar, harmonica and keyboard as needed and call it all Florida Swamp Music...at least that's what they call it and the end result is a great time had by all ...















Met some great people while I we were there...the place was full and I invited them to sit at our table...I have to apologize...I have forgotten their names...and the names of the next couple that needed front row seats... but I did get a picture of the first couple....and if I don't get an email from them for sticking me with their bar tab...I'm going to post the picture in the Post Office most wanted list...I'm sure it was an honest mistake...but I want my twelve bucks back or at least a couple of drinks....get in touch guys and let me know you read the blog....Ha Ha..... At least the second couple didn't stick me with the bill but I forgot to get a picture...they had just finished four months of cruising the Keys on their Catamaran boat...what a life.....they both had son's in the Armed Services and they were either going or coming back from the conflict...I'm so glad Travis is back with his family now...I say a prayer every day for those that are not....





Stopped at Denny's the other nite for a late nite snack with Ronnie, Richard and Helen...just couldn't resist the Banana Split... first one I've had in years ..and the first one I've shared since High School...but I thought it would make a great picture for posterity....


The Red Hat Society had their annual parade and spent the afternoon in downtown Englewood...they sure are a very enthusiastic group... and I didn't see one of them not having fun....all of them were smiling and laughing...and enjoying what this especially beautiful day in paradise had to offer...



We had our annual art on the street day as well last week and it was another spectacular day...we sure do have a lot of talented people here in the area...my friend Jeaney and her dog Fenway as well as many other talented artists sat up shop on Dearborn Street and proceeded to produce some great artwork of downtown Englewood....later in the day they all gathered at the Englewood Art Center for a review of the day's work and an awards ceremony....


















Of course the highlight of every day...for me anyway...are the fantastic sunsets...I don't get to see to many sunrises...I'm sure they are just as beautiful but it's not my time of day...here are a few that I have witnessed lately and believe me everyone of them is more spectacular than the next and more beautiful than words or pictures can describe...















That's All For Now...

Til Next Time...

Live, Love, Laugh, Fish

Semper FI

Monk

No comments: