Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Visit To Wine Country & Some Fun In The Desert With Trav...

Suzy and I took advantage of the last real nice week-end of the season to visit wine country for a little wine tasting tour...well lets put it this way...Suzy tasted and I drove...there are about twenty or so wineries in a thirty mile stretch of Route 14 that runs along the west shore of Seneca Lake...it is some of the most beautiful fall scenery you will find in this part of the world..of course Canandaigua Lake is the most beautiful but the rest of the Finger Lakes come in a close 2nd...I took some more pictures through the lens of my sunglasses ( for effect)...just in case your wondering how I got that great sunset shot a few blogs ago....by the end of the day Suzy didn't really care about the scenery as she dozed most of the way home....we both had a great time...some more than others...and I got some good shots...and now Suzy will probably shoot me....Just kidding sweetheart....I'm not much of a wine drinker but I did try a couple...this part of the world is coming into it's own as far as producing some quality vintages...you should give some a try if your into wines...

















Travis took some big shots out to shoot machine guns and rifles...I think he said it was the base commander and his unit commander...but here are some shots of Trav and guests showing off their WMD's... at least on the one to one level.....Trav said they all had a good time and his job of Combat Arms Instructor is one of the coolest jobs in the Air Force as far as I'm concerned...














Went to lunch with baby Dakota and her mom so of course I have to include a picture of the world's cutest grandchild...pay no attention to the man with the funny hat and mustache..he is just some old man we asked to hold the baby so we could get a good shot of her trying to get away.....

















P.S. Kyle is doing fine in Wyoming..his marks are great and he is really putting a major effort into his studies..I'm very proud of him and I'm still waiting for some more pictures to post....

Til Next Time...which will be from sunny Florida...


Semper Fi

Monk

No comments: