Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Little Of This...A Little Of That...



The guy with the big smile on his face is my friend Richard....he has that big grin because the girl, Edy on his lap is....well...ON HIS LAP....we joke all the time about our age difference and she really is young enough to be Richard's daughter...and if the truth be known....mine to.....but we love her and she is one of our good friends....Both of us wish we had the nerve to ask her out....Rejection is not nice so we avoid the possibility at all costs....Richard is a very accomplished artist as noted here with two of his more recent paintings....he retired from a very lucrative ad agency business to follow his heart to Florida to paint....he's been doing it a couple of years now and has become a true bohemian....please feel free to look at or maybe even purchase some of his work...it can be seen at www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/s/seagull/ he also does a great job on special commissions such as immortalizing your favorite pet.....







I thought I would give you a treat and give you a tour of my mansion by the sea....Or I should say my cottage by the lake....its a mansion to me and that's all that matters....I was born and raised in Canandaigua and I always told any body that would listen that someday I would have a home on the lake....its not fancy but its mine and perfect for a bachelor fisherman...I thank God every day for my little house on the lake.....and I thank him for one more thing that people on the posher more upscale west side of the lake can't get....it can't be bought over there on the west side for any price....those fantastic sunsets........who the hell gets up early enough to see fantastic sun rises...give me those sunsets anytime....







My place still has knotty pine walls and a wood pegged floor and is full of things that fisherman accumulate...not to mention full of pleasant memories every time I look around at all the stuff I have collected over the years....things that help me remember the comings and goings of a busy life with six children and all the happy times that can bring.....after all you don't collect things that bring back bad memories....how can anyone remember bad times when there are so many good things to put a smile on your face...














Til next time...
Semper Fi
Monk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad,
A couple picturs of home, I can't wait to step foot back in New York, especially coming back to Canandaigua. I've always liked it better than anywhere else to be truly honest. I don't know if it's because of the family tradition, the atmosphere, the memories or what, but every time I'm in that town I feel at HOME. Just have to go to work tomorrow and take some of the base big wigs out and let them has some fun on the range, and then we will begin leave for 07'. It's been over 2 years since we last saw each other and to me that is way too long to go without seeing my Dad. We're going down to one of the local pubs and having a few...I need some unwind time, that is for sure. See you soon Dad.

Love,
Trav, Shan and Dakota