Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Fishing 101 A Success.....










Their names were John, Bob, Norm, Rod and Hugh....and they were neither "old" or "codgers" they simply were a great group of men who for the last few months have been getting together to enjoy their membership in a boat club....which by the way...is a great way to have your cake and eat it to....a membership gets you a choice of boats just about anytime you want and takes all the hassle of owning a boat out of the equation....the club takes care of the boats and you enjoy your time on the water...

My new friends varied in angling skill but all had fished before and were not in need of to much of the basics...I taught them some new and easier knots to use for joining leaders and hooks to line and gave them my advice on what they should have in the way of equipment to fish bay waters...I suggested lines and tackle that I use all the time with great success...I'll let them take it from there...they all seemed to appreciate the advice and best of all we CAUGHT SOME FISH...but not without our share of small problems....SMOKE was the big one...not my cigar smoke...I had forgotten to buy some before our trip so I had to go without.....but real smoke in this whole region of SW Florida....it seems that the wind and atmospheric conditions were just right to bring all the smoke from grass fires in southern Georgia and northern Florida right down around out ears here in the southern part of the state...we fished all day in a dense fog of very unhealthy air....Check out the backgrounds in these Pics....that ain't Fog......I didn't need any more help at polluting my lungs than what was already in the air...even through all that and some very high winds we prevailed and caught some nice Spanish Mackerel and Lady Fish as well as an assortment of other small pinfish, snapper and other bait thieves....we thought we had one Redfish on and maybe a Snook took a swipe at one bait...but given the circumstances and judging from the smiles and generally good time we had...I think all were happy with the adventure.















Thanks Guys....You made my time on the water a great one also......

Til Next Time...

Semper Fi
Monk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad,
Was that your last HooRahh before you left Florida? It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Did you officially guide that tour, or were you just one of the guys? Either way you caught some fish so that's what's important. Well it's too late to call you now, so I'll talk to you tomorrow. We love you!

Trav, Shan and Dakota