Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Little Pre-Christmas Cheer...

Attended a couple of very interesting Christmas parties and had a chance to catch up on all the latest gossip...

I have been promised pics of the party we attended at Merrill and Tony's house and here are a few of the one at Ronnie's...the house was beautiful and the food (we all brought something) was more than we could handle...here are Shirley and Helen enjoying themselves...I'll post the rest of the pics when I get them....




Here is a great pic of "Monk's Covey"...at least that's what Richard called it..I am not seeing all these women..I'm no "player".. but they all are very dear friends...and I adore every one of them...it just seems that I have more women friends than men friends..but it only seems that way...all the men I hang with are on poker nights at the Moose and it's like two .... actually three....different sets of friends...one set never meets the other...then of course there are all the guys I hang with at the fishing pier and that's another whole set of different friends...so I consider myself a very lucky man for having all of them in my life....of course the only ones that draw all the attention are the women...as it should be...it seems that they are the only ones that I like to take the most pics of ....I wonder why that is?....From left to right..Ronnie, Ingrid, Helen, Shirley, Kellie (Ronnie's sister), and Covina...can you blame me for wanting to hang with all these beautiful women...I'll say it again...I'm a very lucky man.....


One of my friends send a couple of shots of some backyard buddies that have been hanging around her house....the Osprey is a young bird that has been hanging out in the trees around her house...we watched up close for a long time the other day and got some great pics...it seems that it was dining on a snake it had captured...the remains were on the ground under this perch...the Armadillo has been hanging around her house for awhile....she finally got a chance to get up close to it and surprise it...when he saw her he didn't run he just buried his head the leaves, closed his eyes and "hid" from her...must be part Ostrich...















While we are on the subject of animals....I took this shot of a Heron down at the pier..I don't believe I've ever seen a bird perch like this...it was a warm day and I thought that it was getting rid of excess heat...if anybody has a better answer...let me know....










Kyle got the Mustang Selene all cleaned up...he was so proud of it that he took a great pic...I told him I'd put it on the blog for him to gloat to his friends...he loves that car...hey the "Monkmobile" ain't so bad either...Kyle's car will however run mine ragged...it's in great shape and for sale if anyone is interested.....If you have to ask how much...you can't afford it.....














Of course no blog entry would be complete without a W.C.G. update...first a happy birthday to my grandson Kevin and my granddaughter Samantha...both December babies...now we have to add Callie to that list and her mother Shannon birthday is Today the 16th...Happy Birthday to you all....






Dakota and the new baby are getting along well according to the reports from Mom and Dad...she is a little jealous and wants the same attention as the baby is getting...she climbs on the bed when the baby is getting changed and rolls over on her back to let them know that she wants to be changed...she climbs into the babies carrier and makes baby sounds to get attention...which I'm sure is hilarious...but all in all she is being a good big sister and trying to help out in her own way...














Dakota still is the star of the show and she wants everyone to know it....

















Well That's All For Now...

Semper Fi

Live, Love, Laugh, Fish

Monk

1 comment:

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Sister Covina looks really good and happy. Hmmm.. I guess you two really make a good couple. You think so, too? hehehe... Your pictures are great and I think we don't have to worry about sister Covina since she is in good hands. I guess! :)

Those pictures of the bird and the armadillo are so cute. hehehe.. Specially the Armadillo hiding his head. That you don't see it everyday.

Of course, the babies are just so adorable. Seems like life is good! Merry Christmas to you! :)